Sunday, September 23, 2012

Logos

Originally, I thought I really liked the Pringles logo. I never really looked too much at it, or studied it. When really looking at the logo I wonder why it is a face of a man, what does that have to do with chips? The shape of the man's face makes sense though because it is the same shape as a Pringles chip. I think that this logo is very distinct though, I cannot think of another product with a similar face. This logo is very recognizable as well.  


The Domino's Pizza logo is one of my favorites. I really like the creativity behind the shape and idea. The fact that they used the actual shape and dots of dominos makes it very distinct. To me I also think of a pizza box because the dominos make a square shape. Even without the words, the fact that the shape is on a tilt and the colors clearly are Domino's Pizza. Small or large this logo is also recognizable. 


The Chili's logo is one of the most recognizable logos I know. Even shrunk down to the smallest possible size someone can tell what the logo is representing. Even the colors of the chili resembles a hot chili pepper so when you add the s after it, you read "chili - s" which is exactly what it is. I do not know if it was on purpose but to me the stem of the chili pepper is like the apostrophe before the s. I think this logo is just pretty brilliant. 

I also really like the Target logo. To me red is a very bold color, so against the harsh white, the red really stands out and contrasts. The fact the the logo is in the shape of a bulls eye makes me think of a target. Almost every person knows what the Target logo is because it hasn't changed much ever. Most of the time you even see the logo without the word "Target" underneath it. I don't think the words are even needed. This logo can be shrunk or blown up and everyone still knows what it represents. I can't think of a better way to promote Target. 

Walmart's logo is one I just really do not like. I think it is way too wordy. Without the word "Walmart" no one knows which company this belongs to. The colors also make no sense, I don't understand why they are blue and yellow. This logo is one that needs to be shown large in order to know what it is for. I also do not think the symbol after the word is very distinct, many other companies can have small firework like stars. 





No comments:

Post a Comment