Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Possible Logo Designs

Icing - Cupcake & Cocktail Bar
Designs (left to right):
1. For the first logo I really wanted a simple, straight to the point approach. I liked the idea of having the name of the business along with a tag line. Then I decided with one "i" I could do something that related to cupcakes and the other to drinks. I really like this logo because of the simplicity.
2. I then began thinking about cupcakes and what else I could do to make them relate to drinks. So I decided to so a more detailed cupcake with a martini olive on top, instead of a cherry. Having the "I" in the middle of the base of the cupcake would stand for the name of the business. After drawing this logo I don't really like it for the vision I had.
3. After the first cupcake logo I thought to try another version of it, but more simple. I liked how I could incorporate the tag line still, in a different way. The overall cupcake is very easy to distinguish, especially if it is shrunk down. From far away people would know it has to do with cupcakes. However, this logo does lack the idea of having drinks involved. 
4. For the martini class logo I thought it was a great idea at first, until I had to add the cupcake. The class alone looked really cool with the olive but the cupcake then looks like it is just sitting there. If I hadn't added the cupcake though, it wouldn't have been recognizable as both cocktails and cupcakes. I also didn't really know how to include the tagline, which I thought was essential. 
5. My last design was meant to look like icing in the shape of an "I" for the name. I also thought I could add colored sprinkles around it. Then I ran into the same problem, combining cupcakes and cocktails in the design. I couldn't think of a way to do that with this design. To be it just isn't what I pictured for my business logo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment